March 4, 2008

More on Katoucha Niane

A few days ago I posted an article about the shocking discovery of African model Katoucha Niane's body in the Seine - she had been missing for two months.

Remembering her face now - I always wondered "Who IS that woman?" - I was, like many, incredibly intrigued and shocked by her biography, in which she speaks of being a victim of female circumcision. During her life and career she also worked tirelessly as a staunch opponent of that phenomoenon, making it known to the world both through her book and her foundation, Katoucha Pour la Lutte Contre l'Excision.

It saddens me to post such "gruesome" news about someone, but being a bit of a fashion follower (and "humanitarian") this seems to be the right thing to do, so I share with you the most recent obituary, this one from the UK Guardian.

No comments: