October 4, 2008

Inquisitive Children - And Birthday Gifts!

Dear All,

I'm amazed, and humbled - on September 27 (my thirty-eighth birthday?) I came home to receive an envelope filled with thank you cards made by the sixty or so children in the Thurgood Marshall Elementary School Celebrate Program! Honestly, I have to say that this was by far the best birthday gift that I have ever received!

In addition, I am also grateful for a recent contribution to Fractured Atlas in my behalf. Having become aware of Fractured Atlas and its programs in 2005, I joined the organization in 2006 and later joined its fiscal sponsorship program. Contributions to Fractured Atlas made it possible to join Alternate ROOTS and attend their Annual Meeting in 2007, from which came many wonderful things, including participation in both Rajni Shah's "Dinner With America" and Carpetbag Theatre's "Between A Ballad and a Blues", both of which are touring during the 2008-2009 season. Funds have also made it possible to purchase sheet music for concerts with the Cortlandt Chamber Orchestra (including the 2007 benefit concert for the Greater New Orleans Youth Orchestra).

Would you consider making a contribution to Fractured Atlas? Doing so would ensure both the continuation and commencement of many projects dear to me, and contributions of any size are greatly appreciated. Fractured Atlas is a non-profit arts service organization, and all contributions to Fractured Atlas on behalf of Samuel Thompson are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information on Fractured Atlas or to make a contribution, please visit their website at www.fracturedatlas.org.

Should you wish to make a contribution via US Mail, please contact me at samuelathompson@yahoo.com.

Thank you again for your support!

More from the road,
Sam

No comments: