March 9, 2019

"La Da Dee..."





Considering what I'm seeing as I walk the streets of Philadelphia and Baltimore - as well as what I'm reading about Los Angels and San Francisco - perhaps it's time to revisit this tune and its message.





While walking to Philadelphia's Kimmel Center last summer, I stumbled upon the perfect "social commentary" photo.   However, out of respect for the man who would have been photographed, I did not take a photo.    After all, would any of us have liked to have been photographed sleeping on the sidewalk (what is called "sleeping rough") right outside of the Wells Fargo Tower?   I think not.




Meanwhile, if one goes just a few blocks south of where I live in Baltimore one shall find at least two people sleeping on a steam grate.   It keeps them warm...and I have written about this before.



No comments: