July 13, 2009

And we're back...

WOW! Realizing that I have not written in quite some time, and did not write all that I wanted to about the Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute - perhaps that's a good thing as I was very busy during those weeks...but now, three weeks after a forty-eight hour turnaround that involved lots of packing and two weeks of rehearsals and opening nights, I'm here again, with much to come....it does, however, feel somewhat "right" to start with this...




Again, it may seem odd to reference high-energy beats when talking about an opera, but magic happened during the final dress rehearsals of "Cavalleria Rusticana/Pagliacci" at this year's Utah Festival Opera. From the first note, I think that we were all truly reminded of why we make music - there was a level of excitement and anticipation in the theater that I have not felt in a while and of course, once one experiences that, one wants to stay in that place....

...more on this summer in the next few days, including some words on the Tafelmusik Institute...but until then, some more magic...

No comments: