November 28, 2008

Back to Reality?

They call this day Black Friday - why, I have no idea...save for the notion that the retailers can recoup many of the losses incurred this year.

I sincerely hope that yesterday was a wonderful day for everyone: that on that day of celebrating with friends, family and colleagues we all truly felt thankful. On Thanksgiving morning I found myself needing a moment of quietude before venturing out, and during that moment I found myself feeling deeply grateful and thankful for all that has been good, not only that which transpired between this time last year and now but for all: my family, teachers, people who have shared both moral and spiritual support, and family members who did not live to see this day.

Yesterday I wrote that my wish for all of us was that we hold that feeling of deep gratitude within and carry it every day - today I feel that I'm holding up my end of the bargain, even with reality calling as it does after our days of rest....

...and yesterday I did want to share something with all of you but seemed to lose my "technological edge" in the rush, so here it is - one of the most beautiful works written for the violin - if not period.

Happy Holidays!

More from the road,
Sam

No comments: